Search Linux Wireless

Re: Debugging RTL8192CU firmware loading on 3.12 powerpc

On 09/06/2016 08:09 AM, Sven Eckelmann wrote:
On Dienstag, 6. September 2016 09:40:41 CEST Sven Eckelmann wrote:
On Freitag, 2. September 2016 12:53:28 CEST Larry Finger wrote:
[...]

The patch I included in my previous E-mail, and attached here,  does get
the firmware loaded correctly. There is still a problem that prevents
authentication. I'm still looking for that issue.

Thanks for the fast update. I am currently testing your patch. It looks like
the initial error is now gone. The hostapd also starts but beaconing
doesn't seem to work at all (no error from the kernel/hostapd but the
device is not sending anything). I am currently checking how beaconing is
supposed to work in your driver. Maybe I will spot something useful.

Yes, found something similar in the checksumming algorithm. See the attached
patch for details.

Just for the record, this is not "my" driver. It was provided by Realtek. My contribution has only been to clean it up.

Thanks for the patch. I too had found that checksum code, but I had not sent it as there are still problems on BE machines. These difficulties are running the NIC in STA mode. I have not tried AP mode. Scan data seem to be read OK, but it never authenticates. I do not know if there are further errors in setting up the transmit buffer, or if the problem is in the encryption/decryption code. I'm still looking.

Larry