Search Linux Wireless

Re: Ath10k probe response error related to mac80211 commit.

> If someone has any idea of why this patch might trigger it, please
> let me know.
> I'll keep digging in the meantime...
>
>      Revert "mac80211: don't advertise NL80211_FEATURE_FULL_AP_CLIENT_STATE"

With a sufficiently recent hostapd/wpa_supplicant, the patch will cause
a station entry to be added to the firmware before sending the
authentication frame.

Why, of all frames, probe response frames should be corrupted I don't
know - I could imagine auth/assoc replies being treated differently
since they are now with a station entry rather than without.

> This only breaks AP mode (station mode works fine).

It also has no impact on anything but AP mode, as even indicated by the
name of the flag :)

Anyway, I was pretty sure this was safe and it does help other drivers
to have the full state, but I guess you can make the driver opt out of
the flag again (just unset it before register_hw).

johannes