Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problem connecting to wifi on libertas_cpio (sd8686)

Tried a few more things worth mentioning:

- Tried connecting with wpa_supplicant & dhclient only but sadly
wpa_supplicant still cannot seem to hold a connection to the base
station.

It looks like the relevant errors here may be:

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
wlan0: Trying to associate with a0:63:91:1e:ee:43
(SSID='shaunthesheep' freq=2457 MHz)
ioctl[SIOCSIWFREQ]: Device or resource busy
wlan0: Association request to the driver failed

- Tried NetworkManager again and also tried wicd - both have similar
problems. I expect since they both use wpa_supplicant the issue was
unlikely to not be there for either of these solutions but I figured
it was worth experimenting with.

- I also tried kernel 4.6.4 and noticed no difference there either so
it looks like the same issue is present in the latest stable kernel as
well as the latest longterm kernel (which Ubuntu uses for 16.04 LTS.)

Christopher Williamson