Search Linux Wireless

Further question about MAC80211

Hello there!

I'd like to thank you for your time and all the information you gave me last monday; I'm still reading and studying it!

The main goal of our project is to dinamically control the troughtput of each virtual interface (ViF) depending on how good the connection is between 2 stations and depending on the others ViF throughtputs our station (STA structure or local) may have instantiated.

To do that we estimate the airtime of the packet that's about to be send and depending on the channel usage we decide if we let the packet flow or if we should enqueue or even drop it!

The problems begin when we enqueue a packet that has the txpending flag set (it's been in the AC queue once) and our algorithm decides to enqueue it again or drop the packet. The tx_pending tasklet begins to loop the same packet on tx_frags (stopping the tasklet for some time is not a slution either...). The results of enqueueing is connection lost or a huge delay on some packets.

If we drop any packet in tx_frags() mac80211 goes crazy and may instantly drop connection and destroy the vif.

Is there any more projects I should check out that drops or enqueue packets on mac80211 when it's not supposed to be enqueuing?

Thanks again for your precious time!

Joan Josep Aleixendri