Search Linux Wireless

Fwd: mwifiex+wpa_supplicant cannot set up WPA/WPA2 ADHOC

Hi All,
Amitkumar, can you confirm if this this is a bug or today is fixed?

Vincent, I had also faced similar issue on Surface Pro 2 with
backports from 4.1... So here few question:

* I saw in 1st post that you where working to make work the
wpa_supplicant with mixed configuration for adhoc (wpa-none +
wpa-ibss), but also in recent post that you focus mostly on debugging
wpa-ibss. I suggest to focus your test on one wpa mode and I think
wpa-none better because it's easier..
* Why you are not testing the latest backport from upstream kernel? as
you can know Marvell is focus most to fix open issue on current stable
release, I saw from commit that recently they fix something about WPA
on mixflex, see
https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Documentation/compat-drivers/hacking
* Would be good information to know if you tested also on backport
3.x, did you?  I know mwifiex's WPA stack changed a lot from 3.x
kernel.
* To support you more, could you enable debug info and provide full
log of your setup? .config? patch? anything else?
* Can you share us your hacked backport?
* Lat question Vincent, are you working for AIRBUS, ACTIA or THALES ?  :)

Best Regards
Nestor