Search Linux Wireless

Re: Realtek USB WiFi rtl8192eu

Fisher Grubb <fisher.grubb@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi Xose,
>
> I'm not sure, I have the latest version of Ubuntu on my laptop and I
> had to use the DKMS -2 deb file to get it working as no driver claimed
> it.
>
> After Googeling (especially for the 0bda:818b USB device and vendor
> ID), it seemed the driver supported most of Realtek's WiFi devices but
> mine wasn't listed.
>
> From memory, I used this page mainly when I was first checking:
> https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
>
> I didn't see any people in forums mentioning how they managed to get
> this standard driver working, they all seemed to either have no luck
> because code didn't compile, or link to source code that did compile.
>
> If that mainline driver does work, then I assume there could be some
> USB vendor and device IDs that it doesn't cover.
>
> Here's the link for where I bought it:
> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181860888357

Patches to add rtl8192eu support was pulled into wireless-drivers-next
recently and scheduled for the 4.7 kernel. It is not in Linus' tree
yet. You should be able to try it out by either building Kalle's
wireless-drivers-next or my rtl8xxxu-devel branch.

The Realtek 8192EU driver you referenced is not scheduled to get pulled
into the upstream Linux kernel.

Cheers,
Jes