Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211_hwsim + iperf + netns

On 4 February 2016 at 12:22, Krishna Chaitanya <chaitanya.mgit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to run some iperf tests using mac80211_hwsim b/w AP and STA.
> Even after tweaking the routing table, the packets are still not going through
> mac80211_hwsim instead they are just looping back.
>
> After a quick search i found that we should use different network namespaces.
> Can anyone tell me the exact procedure for this? I have found a procedure
> in the below link, but i dont have the lxc-unshare for my embedded box.
> Is there any alternate way for this.

If you have a recent enough iproute2 package you can use:

 ip netns add ns1
 ip netns exec ns1 bash # get the PID in the session and don't close it
 iw phy phyX set netns $pid_of_that_shell
 # you can close the bash now; phyX will remain in ns1

Or you could try using ipv6 link-local addresses which will not
require you to use namespaces at all.

Michał