Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi and tx info in skb->cb

> I've just scanned the thread that was explaining why is this necessary
> I will read it more carefully... I have just feeling that all this
> wlan stuff just fits very awkwardly into current networking stack.

That's not really related to wireless at all, if you want to do
zero-copy IO then you need to checksum when the stuff hits the wire
which means out of hardware buffers, which some hardware (including
802.11) doesn't support so you need to copy, nothing wireless specific
here :)

Anyway, with the changes davem and I are making to actually save the
*extra* copy we should be doing well. That's where you want to look for
improvements.

johannes