Search Linux Wireless

[BISECTED] brcmfmac issue since 4.3.0-rc3

Hi Hante,
I'm having an issue with my BCM43340 SDIO WiFi card on the Asus X205TA
laptop and the latest firmware taken from the linux-firmware git repo
with the correct nvram file in place. I bisected the issue back to
commit 2b76acd "brcmfmac: Rework p2p attach, use single method for p2p
dev creation." (bad commit).

The problem is not always reproducible. I'd say it happens once every
ten reboots. What I see is that the kernel panics at boot immediately
after I see:

brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_drivestrengthinit: No SDIO Drive strength init
done for chip 43340 rev 2 pmurev 20
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_bus_rxctl: resumed on timeout
brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Retreiving cur_etheraddr failed, -52
brcmfmac: brcmf_bus_start: failed: -52
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback: dongle is not responding
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_dpc: failed backplane access over SDIO, halting operation
brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_dpc: failed backplane access over SDIO, halting operation

With a messy trace similar to
https://gist.github.com/carlocaione/06d17124a2589f3d4108

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks