Search Linux Wireless

[ANNOUNCE] New location for wireless-testing tree

As reported previously[1], John Linville will be moving on from maintenance
of the wireless-testing[2] tree at the end of the year.  A huge thank you to
John for doing all this work for so many years!

We now have a shared wireless directory on kernel.org where we (currently
myself and Kalle as backup) will continue to maintain this tree going
forward.  The new tree can be found at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-testing.git

Note: unlike John's tree, we are going to try rebasing this tree on every
build (like linux-next) instead of merging the downstream trees, in order
to avoid certain merge problems when those trees are rebased.

This means that if you are working directly off of wireless-testing, use
'git pull --rebase' to sync, instead of just 'git pull'.

We'll see how this goes and reassess after a couple of cycles.

Please let me know of any issues.

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/145291

[2] wireless-testing is an integration testing tree, consisting of:

 * Linus's latest -rc
 * patches in mac80211 and wireless-drivers (for the upcoming release)
 * patches in mac80211-next and wireless-drivers-next (for the next release)

It is not pulled into any upstream tree, but it should be a pretty good
indication of what is baking in Linux wireless for the next release, without
having unrelated changes from all the other subsystems as in linux-next.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/