Search Linux Wireless

ath6kl reverting to US region after starting AP mode

Dear Experts,

I am experiencing a problem with an ath6kl wireless NIC on a Digi connectcard wi-i.mx28. After the Kernel driver is loaded, cfg80211 is calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain. Immediately after that, it calls again for country US. I'm not sure why, but I can live with that.

A little later, my startup script sets the CRDA world regulatory domain to NL and this is accepted. Again a little later hostapd is started, properly configured for region NL, but while AP mode is enabled, the world regulatory domain reverts back the US again. After that I can put it back to NL again, but that doesn't seem appropriate because that's too late to use specific NL channels for my AP.

For some time I have though that it was following other APs in the building, broadcasting regulatory domain US, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have tried a number of different ath6kl firmware versions, but the problem remains. So I have traced the source code a little and it seems like the firmware is sending a WMI_REGDOMAIN_EVENTID with US to the driver. Is that how it works?

Is there any way to avoid this switching?

Thanks a lot in advance for any information on this!

Robert.--