Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 00/16] rtl8xxxu: eFUSE parsing for RTL8188EU chips

Jakub Sitnicki <jsitnicki@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi Jes,
>
> I'm posting this patch set to show in what direction the work is
> going.  Hopefully any changes (e.g. renames) which you wouldn't see
> fit for this driver can be identified early this way.
>
> The work is nowhere near the end.  These changes only get me past the
> parse_efuse() step in the probe() routine.
>
> I've structured the patch set in such a way that changes that are not
> RTL8188EU-specific (preparatory work) come first.  All but the last
> two patches (tagged "rtl8188eu:") fall into this category.  If you
> were considering to apply any of them, note that they were not tested
> with any device that is known to work with rtl8xxxu, only a TP-Link
> TL-WN725N (RTL8188EU) dongle.
>
> The corresponding git branch for this patch set is at:
>
> git https://github.com/jsitnicki/linux.git branch rtl8xxxu-rtl8188eu

Jakub,

Thanks for the feedback - some of these patches are good, some of them I
dislike, and some of them will conflict with work I have been doing
since I posted the patch. I have been working on adding 8723bu and
8192eu support and some of those changes should also benefit your work.

I have pushed my current nextgen tree to git, so if you checkout the
rtl8xxxu-nextgen branch you will see it.

I'll respond to the individual patches here.

Cheers,
Jes