Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt61pci/rt73usb: Hardware decryption IV/EIV

> *however* with the "reserved" descriptor field added to the tail of the frame,
> made the device come to live again. The rx_handlers_drop counter now stays at the
> usual level of 3, and pings are getting through.
> I haven't checked if the descriptor field actually contains any data, but then again
> mac80211 doesn't check the value either (with WEP anyway). ;)
> So either the descriptor field is indeed the ICV,
> or just appending 4 random bytes at the end of the frame did the trick.
> Somehow I think the second idea has the highest probability. :S

Hmm, looking at the data coming from the hardware,
one would really think the third column looks random enough
to have something to do with encryption. ;)

RX: 00744ef3 00000000 511beb8f
RX: 00bc6056 00000000 9ba5d723
RX: 00384c30 00000000 32f2d121
RX: 00a57027 00000000 9278a11c