Search Linux Wireless

Re: BCM4308 rev 3 owner, willing to help (want to make an access point)

2008/4/29 Lorenzo Nava <navalorenx@xxxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> If you look for the thread "Does mac80211 support ap mode" in the
>  mailing list archive you can find some infos.
>  You have to download the patch "allow-ap-vlan-mode.patch" that you can
>  find at http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/patches/kernel/all/LATEST/
>  Then you have to install hostapd (version 0.6.3) with nl80211 driver
>  (you can find all the informations that you need in the hostapd site).
>  At the moment you can't enable master mode with iwconfig, you can do
>  it only with hostapd.

OK, I got it all working with:

- wireless-testing kernel,
- libnl 1.1,
- git master branch of hostapd.

But I cannot do WPA, only "clear text".

The thing is, my wlan interface is part of a bridge, and the bridge is
set up as:

brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 wlan0

where wlan0 is the b43. I know nada about WPA, but can this have an
influence? The MAC address of the bridge is the one of the Ethernet
card, not the wireless one, and I specified wlan0 in hostapd.conf as
the interface to grab...
--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@xxxxxxxxx
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'