Search Linux Wireless

Pending patches in patchwork and their states

Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If my administration is correct there are 29 patches pending. Any
> chance these will get applied. Or did I miss some remarks requiring a
> resend.

Yeah, I have been lagging behind patches due to other stuff and I have
64 patches pending right now. Sorry about that, I should get to them in
a day or two. Here's a short summary how I use patchwork. Hopefully it
makes it easier for people to follow their patch status and I get less
emails ;)

If the patch in patchwork is in state New or Under Review they are on my
queue and waiting my action:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

If the patch is Deferred it means that there was a problem and I look at
the patch more closely later (when I have more time etc):

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/?state=10

Awaiting Upstream means that I cannot apply the patch right now due to a
mising patch in some other component, for example to mac80211. I will
apply the patch once the dependency is available in my tree:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/?state=8

Any other state means that the patch is out of my radar due to one
reason or another, and a resend is needed to get the patch active again:

Rejected = In my opinion not acceptable patch
RFC = Request For Comments, submitter didn't officially send the patch yet
Not Applicaple = Not a wireless patch
Changes Requested = Needs a new version due to review comments
Superseded = A new version of the patch submitted without comments

And Accepted state of course means that I have commited the patch :)

--
Kalle Valo