Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k_htc: virtual interfaces, AP connection drop & kernel warning

> First of all, you are using ancient kernel and firmware. Please update
> it. Firmware should be at leas 1.4 and kernel probably 4.1 or later. i'm
> not sure which include patch with support of RMW command introduced by
> new FW.
>
> Then you can try to disable LED blinking which is stealing your usb
> bandwidth.

Thanks for your suggestions.
You say ancient, I was thinking longterm stable. For various reasons I
require a RT patched kernel, alas this is not yet available for 4.1
kernels. Aside from that I have updated the kernel and firmware as you
propose. Also I have set ath9k_htc's blink=0. The kernel warnings are no
longer occuring, however the AP's connection (which requires several
attempts) is still dropped after a few seconds.
I suspect that there are bandwidth/speed issues when dealing with USB
adapters, but that does not inherently mean that the connection is prone
to drop, right? Doesn't that mean that I am leaking packages somewhere
along the way? What else could I be looking for?

Regards,
Rolf Anderegg