Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_mac_address: Setting cur_etheraddr failed, -52

On 07/09/2015 09:07 AM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
Hey guys, I'm afraid I hit another brcmfmac bug.

First of all, I implemented a trivial workaround for the previous bug
reported in the:
brcmfmac: one faulty "iw interface add" command breaks in-firmware BSS state
See my workaround in OpenWrt git:
http://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt.git;a=commitdiff;h=0e6c9bd9556eea98b476ad371d64d8d16e3a9f9c

So now OpenWrt's user space calls using "iw" tool don't trigger
brcmfmac BSSes bug anymore. I can successfully use one AP interface
per device.

The problem appears when trying to use more than 1 interface. It gets
created correctly, but setting its MAC fails. It results in wlan0-1
having the same MAC as wlan0 and finally having two networks (SSIDs)
using the same MAC. That obviously doesn't work.

Can we please take one step back. I am not understanding how you guys use the multiple interfaces. The multiple AP interfaces in brcmfmac are only intended for Multiple-BSS feature as described in hostapd.conf which changes wlan0 from STA to AP and creates additional AP interfaces, but you seem to be creating an AP interface with iw next to a STA interface.

I actually have patches pending that correct the announced interface combinations. I am currently on vacation as my family expanded with a baby girl.

Regards,
Arend

The error I see is:
brcmfmac: _brcmf_set_mac_address: Setting cur_etheraddr failed, -52
with -52 meaning BCME_IE_NOTFOUND.