Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcmfmac: one faulty "iw interface add" command breaks in-firmware BSS state

On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 10:20 +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:

> Indeed there is an issue with error handling here, but as this was a
> user fault I was looking for early detection. If as you say that will
> not be easy from cfg80211 we will need to rework brcmfmac code.
> Currently, we create interface in firmware and upon receiving 'ifc
> created' event we do the register_netdev. I think we do that to avoid
> getting start_xmit calls as we do not use netif carrier calls.

We could possibly check for duplicate names, but surely there are other
failure modes that we can't easily pre-check, so it seems better to fix
the driver (and, in fact, use the duplicate name issue as a convenient
way of testing the error path)

johannes