Search Linux Wireless

Re: tp-link tl-wn8200nd and rtlwifi_new drivers

On 05/16/2015 02:52 PM, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
Hi all!
   I unfortunately purchased a Tp-Link TL-WN8200ND USB wireless adapter, which
is not working in Linux (there are several reports of this in this ML already,
so I won't bother you with another one).

I wanted to test the new rtlwifi_new drivers from
   https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new
to see if by any chance they could help having this device running. I built then
and installed them (in Ubuntu 14.04), but I don't know how to make sure that the
kernel is using the new drivers and not the old ones.
Is there some hint in the syslog which could tell me whether I'm now using the
new or the old drivers (for the record, it still doesn't work)?

Please list the USB ID for your device as shown by lsusb.

If you did the 'sudo make install' step without error, then these drivers are loaded. All but one of the drivers in rtlwifi_new are for PCI devices, but you have a USB model. Thus only driver rtl8192cu might be used by your device.

Larry