Search Linux Wireless

Re: Source of Reason 7 disconnects

On 04/30/2015 12:57 AM, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:
Emmanuel and Johannes,

I am trying to fix "Reason: 7=CLASS3_FRAME_FROM_NONASSOC_STA"
disconnections for the Realtek drivers. When I did a search for similar
examples from other drivers, I found some forum entries for the same
disconnects happening on Intel
7260 hardware. It appears that the problem was fixed in the 3.16 timeframe.
I looked through the iwlwifi commits from that time, but I failed to see any
patches that appeared to be appropriate.

Do either of you happen to remember what was needed to fix the problem?
So far, I have determined that disabling power save helps, but it is not the
complete solution.

Oh yeah - this one is annoying. Thing is I don't remember anything specific.
We had quite a few issues with our firmware that was going deaf for a while.
That made the AP deauth us, but we couldn't even hear that. So when would
transmit and assuming the receive path was working again, the AP was kicking
us out because from its POV, we weren't associated anymore.
I am sorry I can't point to any commit, but the problem was that we actually were
disconnected, but didn't know about that.

Thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell, we don't get disconnected without knowing about it, but only when the solution is found will we know for sure. Thus far, I do not have any over-the-air captures to investigate.

Thanks again,

Larry