Search Linux Wireless

Re: broadcast ssid in scheduled scan

On 03/23/15 19:38, Arend van Spriel wrote:
Johannes, Jouni,

I have noticed that under some circumstances wpa_supplicant initiates a
scheduled scan with broadcast ssid. This is something our firmware can
not do so could this be avoided? Maybe by adding a feature flag for it.
I will look into it some more to understand the scenarios in which
broadcast ssid is used in scheduled scan request. If you know about this
feel free to let me know.

From the code in wpa_supplicant_req_sched_scan() it seems the wildcard ssid (referred to as broadcast ssid) is added if one or more networks are configured without 'scan_ssid=1'. So if none of the networks have this option only the broadcast ssid ends up in the request.

Regards,
Arend