Search Linux Wireless

Re: informations about Linux wifi driver's architecture today

Oh thank you.
Yes. This can be very useful.

Da: Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: lunedì 23 marzo 2015 11.03.59
A: Stefano Cappa
Cc: linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: informations about Linux wifi driver's architecture today

On 03/22/15 22:21, Stefano Cappa wrote:
> Hi
> I prefer a generic version, without specific things, like this one: h**p://postimg.org/image/hfkpjt3ux/ created by Johannes Berg.
>
> And, if available something for the broadcom chip bcm4339.

Hi Stefano,

The bcm4339 is supported by the brcmfmac driver and is a cfg8211-based
driver aka fullmac device where the 802.11 stack runs on the device. I
did write up some stuff about the driver internally, but we can consider
putting it on wireless.kernel.org under creative commons license.

Regards,
Arend