Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcmfmac43241b4-sdio / Thinkpad Tablet 10 issues

On 02/25/15 13:23, Jocky Wilson wrote:
Sebastien Bourdeauducq<sb@...>  writes:

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 03:49 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
So it is a one-off and not showing the issue you are seeing. Your issue
seems to be due to failing firmware so you may need b5 firmware.

Making some progress :)
I guess that the driver has bugs with decoding some of the data sent by
the card.

I can confirm this with my Thinkpad Tablet 8
which has same chip revision.
Arend: do you need anything else to be tested?

Nope. As it turns out this chip revision indeed needs b5 firmware. As windows and linux use different firmware we will need to release that to linux-firmware and modify brcmfmac to pick it up properly. Keep an eye out for those patches.

Regards,
Arend

/JockyW