Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] AR9462 problems connecting again..

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Kyle Bassett <kylebassett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hint: Several unifi (and most ubnt) products are well supported by
>> > openwrt directly,
>>
>> I want Linux to "just work". None of this "oh, you can change
>> something else and it probably works".  I want to fix the problem in
>> *linux*.
>>

>> There's clearly something wrong with the AR9462 driver and/or how it
>> uses the wireless infrastructure, and it should be fixed. Not worked
>> around with "use some other AP software".

A side note on this, what is the current method for unit testing WAP's and
client devices?  I'm sure every vendor has their own flavor, although I feel
some clearly defined FOSS method should exist as well.

I bring this up is because I have personally experienced bugs inside the
UniFi offerings, and on miscellaneous Linux/non-linux client devices as
well.