Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192ce kernel panics since 3.17(?)

On 02/12/2015 06:10 AM, Johannes Löthberg wrote:
Since sometime around version 3.16 or 3.17 I've been getting a lot of occasional
kernel panics related to my wifi driver. My laptop has a Realtek RTL8188CE
wireless card and uses the rtl8192ce driver.

I have pictures of what I think is two identical kernel panics, a couple of days
apart:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/yjwOnrDmioCwuC8FqIXlKMiBTOXddLyJkWTiInJoX2o=w421-h569-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xM-1wSsVu4c/VKxDnlkgBbI/AAAAAAAAIng/HxtqgHgglHY/w421-h569-no/IMG_20150106_212020.jpg

It only seems to happen when I have several days of uptime on my laptop and just
use sleep all the time instead of shutting it down.

Also I have a picture of a kernel panic that is different from the previous ones:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Hj06Csglpa0/VKrI1al6QbI/AAAAAAAAImk/VzhmN-dfSB0/w657-h486-no/IMG_20150105_182236.jpg

Not sure how to debug it really, but figured that sending in a report would be
worth a shot.

What kernel were you running when you made the photos? Use the command 'uname -r'. When I get that information, I can then use the dump trace to determine the locations of the oops.

Larry