Search Linux Wireless

Re: BCM4330 linux support

On 02/06/15 15:45, Ben Adler wrote:
Arend, thanks for your prompt reply!

On 06.02.2015 09:10, Arend van Spriel wrote:
Arend, is it possible to make this chip work? Just STA, or also AP? If
so, which firmware and NVRAM files will I need?

Well, I have this chip running on regular x86 laptop using special
adapter boards and it also runs on i.MX6 board. The windows firmware and
nvram should work.

Did you compare the md5 hash to your firmware? Are there different
versions with different feature sets?

The dmesg.txt contains the version info:

version 5.97.39.4 FWID 01-c7b9d775

The FWID should tell me what specific build this was and what feature set it contains. Unfortunately I can not access our database.

Does AP also work for you?

Yes, but not sure if your firmware supports it.

 > Can you send a kernel log preferably with
 > driver module loaded with 'debug=0xd416'.

Ok, added the module options and powercycled:

# cat /sys/module/brcmfmac/parameters/debug
54294

Please find attached:

1) output of iw_list

2) dmesg.txt: simple bootup, nothing done to wlan0.

3) dmesg_sta.txt: I added wlan0 client configuration in ubuntu's
/etc/network/interfaces, so it has launched wpa_supplicant, which
probably is repsonsible for the errors at the end.

The errors are direct result of wpa_supplicant request, but it is not root cause. I suspend the sdhci-acpi controller driver to use runtime-pm. Could you try disabling that through sysfs? If I am not mistaken the bcm4330 is in mmc1.

mmc1: SDHCI controller on ACPI [INT33BB:00] using ADMA

So following should do the trick (as root):

# echo on > /sys/bus/acpi/INT33BB:00/power/control

Regards,
Arend

4) dmesg_hostapd.txt: dmesg output, hostapd config and output

When I start neither wpa_supplicant nor hostapd, iwconfig says:

wlan0 IEEE 802.11abgn ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:on

When I configure wlan0 as STA, I get

wlan0 IEEE 802.11abgn ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=1496 dBm
Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:on

(Note the txpower :)

It seems like the debug options haven't really added much detail to
dmesg. Do you need to see anything else? It's just a test install right
now; I don't mind sharing SSH access.

Thanks!
Ben