Search Linux Wireless

Re: moving the wiki

It's almost been a year, but this finally happened...

The new wiki is at https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/ but the old URL
(http://wireless.kernel.org/) will continue to work and redirect to the
new one. Note that right now you need a Linux Foundation identity to be
able to edit.

>  * I'll keep the read-only wiki at http://wireless.sipsolutions.net/ for
> a while, in case somebody needs history - you can also download page/history
> snapshots.

It's actually at http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/ and is just a
static dump of the old wiki contents. Please don't copy content I
removed from the new wiki to the old one - we didn't get permission for
that content to be licensed under the new wiki's license.

> experience skinning mediawiki

It's actually dokuwiki now, so if anyone wants to restore the old site's
template/layout a dokuwiki template will be needed.

> Obviously, another consequence is that the wiki markup will change
> somewhat. Moin and Mediawiki aren't too far from each other (except for
> table syntax), but there are some things that are different that you'll
> have to get used to when editing.

Again, dokuwiki - slightly different from moinmoin.

> I think/hope that all this can happen over the next few days. If there
> are any concerns (other than "don't do it") let me know.

Yeah, well, "days" :-)

johannes