Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211 -- My log files are filling up with: "wlan0: RX non-WEP frame, but expected encryption"

> >     Duration: 44

> What's wrong with the duration field value? The dump here does not
> indicate which transmit rate was used, so I don't know what TX rate the
> ACK would use, but 44 sounds like a reasonable duration value for
> 802.11g rates..

Yes, you're perfectly right, my rough estimate was totally off, I
miscalculated.

> > Does anybody have an explanation for that except that the AP software is
> > messing it up?
>
> Looks like an interesting AP behavior to me..

For some values of interesting... :)

> > In any case, I suppose the message in question isn't actually necessary.
> > I'll make it depend on verbose debugging maybe.
>
> Yes, that sounds reasonable. The AP should not be sending this kind of
> crap, but well, what can you do if it does.. In theory, this could also
> be showing up in multi-SSID configuration when another SSID is
> configured to use unencrypted frames (though, that would cause interop
> issues in association for number of clients..).

That would be ... interesting. But yeah, the message doesn't have much
value, it just tells you your peer might be buggy...

johannes