Search Linux Wireless

Re: REMINDER: wireless workshop in Ottawa

Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am afraid I will be "committing a netdev crime" [1] because I will
> not attend. Still there is one topic that would be interesting for
> this conf/workshop. Recent experiences with 11ac devices has shown us
> that the congestion control mechanisms in the networking subsystem are
> not optimal for wireless in general which becomes even more visible
> with 11ac (or it is just our devices :-p ). If there are people in the
> community working in this area it would be great to collaborate on it.
> Let me know. I know Dave Taht is the usual suspect to talk to about
> this so Cc'ed him explicitly.

I'm planning to be there, and I work with Dave Taht regularly about
such things.  I would love to have a discussion about these issues
with whoever is willing to listen :)

Also, you have not experienced congestion control problems until
you've tried to get TCP to do a gigabit per second with 30+
milliseconds of latency on a slightly lossy network.

Have fun,

Avery