Search Linux Wireless

Re: Wireless scanning while turning off the radio problem..

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 5:48 AM, Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> So as you indicated you were in location where none of your configured
>> networks were available. Flipping the rfkill switch in that situation is the
>> way to trigger the issue.
>
> So you certainly seem to be able to explain the behavior I saw under
> the circumstances they happened.
>
> I suspect the best thing to do is to just apply your patch. I may not
> be able to really test it much for the next few days anyway. Emmanuel?

Sorry - I was a bit busy.
The patch seems wrong, we can't really call that function from the
rfkill interrupt - it will blow up.
The good news is that I could reproduce the bug based on what Arend
pointed. I totally missed the fact
that it was scheduled scan - thanks Arend for that.

So the system I have here doesn't have HW rfkill so I had to implement
a hook that fakes it,
but I can't reproduce the problem.
I'll come up with a patch.