Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8723au system lock ups, possible code regression

Jesus Legaspy <jesus.legaspy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> plain text
> cc linux-wireless@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Jesus Legaspy <jesus.legaspy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jes,
>>
>> I hope you're having a great Christmas celebration!
>> I've been having this issue for a while now, and decided to submit
> this bug report as many others have similar problems. Hopefully this
> helps fix the bug!
>>
>> rtl8723au driver: wifi connection drops and system lock ups,
> possible code regression
>>
>> I'm using Ubuntu 14.10 with Linux version 3.16.0-28-generic on
> Lenovo Yoga 13 using the built in rtl8723au driver from the kernel. At
> random times my internet doesn't work. I disactivate the internet and
> reactivate it to get it working again. It is usually at this time
> where most of the system hangs and freezes occur. The computer hangs
> and freezes occur at random times as well. I've used many wifi
> connections and types and they all cause the bug. The driver from
> lwfinger works flawlessly. Maybe there was some code regression? I've
> attached several log files.

Jesus,

First of all, I have never seen this happen in my usage, however I use
recent kernels (upstream, and Fedora). 3.16 is pre-historic in term of
the 8723au driver - please update and try again.

Second, please don't ever send me HTML email (multipart or not), it will
be ignored.

Jes