Search Linux Wireless

Re: Frame Injection with NL80211_CMD_FRAME is failing (SOLVED)

Hi all,

I found the problem. There is a check in /net/mac80211/cfg.c

!rcu_access_pointer(sdata->bss->beacon))

I guess this related to beaconing. If it is not configured, off-channel is
required in any case.

If you put the interface into AP mode and try to send frames with
NL80211_CMD_FRAME you have to set the OFFCHANNEL_TX_OK flag in any case !!!

Right now I am facing the problem of not getting probe-requests delivered
to my master mode interface through NL80211_CMD_REGISTER_FRAME. It works
only if I start an additional monitor interface on the same card. Any clue
what to do to enable frame delivery to the AP interface without a monitor
interface.

Kind Regards,
Hakan