Search Linux Wireless

Re: Mediatek MT7601U big endian fixes

El 24/09/14 19:51, John W. Linville ha escrit:

>> Do you know if is there somebody (at ralink/mediatek or elsewhere)
>> working on integrating this chipset in the in-kernel driver?
>>
>> Bye
>> --
>> Luca
>
> I don't know of anyone from Ralink/MediaTek or otherwise working
> on that.  I sent some emails to MediaTek on this issue recently,
> but I made the mistake of including someone from the community who
> actively undermind my attempts to reach-out to MediaTek...

Oh, that's bad. It's not that the driver doesn't work (it does, once
patched), but it doesn't integrate nicely (i.e. no mac80211 support).

> If you (or anyone else) want to work on integrating device support
> from that driver with the in-kernel drivers then I encourage you to
> do so.

Unfortunately, I'm not the right person for the job :-(
That's why I asked.

> If you happen to have better contacts with MediaTek than I
> have, then please feel free to reach out to them and/or to put them
> in contact with me.

I don't know anybody at Mediatek, I just contacted them about the issue
through their web form. I didn't think I could fix it by myself. In
fact, I still don't understand why it's necessary to  byte swap
structures that are already defined differently for big endian/little
endian, see the point above about me not being the right person for the
job ;-)

Bye
--
Luca