Search Linux Wireless

a way to prevent authenticaion frames in IBSS mode for unfamiliar stations?

Hi,

I have noticed that when a WNIC running an IBSS network receives a
frame from an unfamiliar station, it (after adding the station ) sends
an Authentication frame before it's able to receive the intended
frame.

This seems like unnecessary behavior and I am wondering - is there a
way to somehow prevent this from user space? Or pre-add a particular
station, so that it wont go into ieee80211_ibss_rx_no_sta upon
receival? Or more generally is there a way to prevent authentication
frames being sent out alltogether from non-encrypted IBSS (since it's
not required by the standard)?

The reason I want to know about this is because I am trying to see if
it is possible to have minimal exchange of frames ( only useful
information ) with linux 80211 capabilites.

I'm guessing that this happens in this case, as well as the regular
IBSS join case, when this part of code is executed :
lxr.free-electrons.com/source/net/mac80211/ibss.c?v=3.10#L328

I am using Kernel Version 3.10.25

Thank you very much,
Tara