Search Linux Wireless

Linux driver for RTL8190P

To all that are concerned:

Alex Henrie provided me with a PCI card that contains the Realtek RTL8190P chip. I am in the process of converting it to a form that could be submitted for inclusion in the staging tree of the kernel. As that will be a lengthy process, I have placed the current code at http://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8190p.git. Using the "git clone" command with that URL will get you a copy. Use the standard "make" and "sudo make install" to install the driver and the firmware. At present, I am building with kernel 3.11.10. There may be incompatibilities with newer versions. If so, please let me know.

The current version works on my WPA2 network - it has not been tested with any other encryption. As with most Realtek drivers, it is very chatty and will pollute your logs. My next cleanup will be to correct that, and add a module parameter that allows dynamic debugging, but I have some other things to do.

Thanks to Alex,

Larry