Search Linux Wireless

Re: max_erip/tx_power not being set correctly

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Krishna Chaitanya
<chaitanya.mgit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I plan to submit a patch for awk script which can handle both db.txt formats
> but could not execute it.
>
> Will try to submit a hack soon.

OK glad to hear you will address this -- please Cc stable and specify
the kernels that require this too. Please also note that there is some
code on CRDA that could replace the awk script, db2rd but that just
spits out regular output right now. You will have to revert the AUTO
patches from wireless-regdb and CRDA right now though, but db2rd could
be used as base for an implementation for something that provides the
output of a general data structures just as the awk script does, that
may be more manageable than the awk script, and although the code is
under copyleft-next I'd be happy to make an exception to include code
for a C conversion tool to data structure specifically for the kernel.
Evne though C code may be better for upstream than the awk script in
the long run we do need a work around for the awk stuff for stable and
a C replacement won't fly for stable, so the best approach would be a
fix for the awk stuff for now and then we can consider a replacement.

Felix mentioned some changes to CRDA / wireless-regdb which could help
with binary compatibility on the db, perhaps this needs to be
coordinated with a replacement for the awk script to avoid issues like
this in the future.

 Luis