Search Linux Wireless

Re: 802.11s mode without HWMP

Hi Henning,

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Henning Rogge <hrogge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after spending a day reading through the 802.11s implementation of
> Linux I have to admit I am lost...
>
> I am using 802.11s bridged to ethernet on both wlan interfaces and it
> works very well.
>
> Unfortunately the cfg802.11 is not telling me which ethernet mac
> address is behind which wifi mac address, something that has to be
> known to the kernel to forward the bridged ethernet frames.
>
> Is there a trick to get this information or is this just a missing
> functionality in the cfg80211 API (or the "iw <mesh-if> mpath ..."
> commands) ?

mac80211 keeps a separate table for bridged endpoints (mpp_paths).
Unfortunately this table currently isn't exported by the cfg80211
mpath_dump API. If you really need access to this information from
cfg80211 / userspace, then the quickest thing for now would be to hack
in support for iterating over both tables.

I'm not really sure why the decision was made to go with 2 different
path tables (see 79617dee for the initial implementation), but it
seems the cleaner approach would be to merge these and stick with the
existing mpath_dump commands.

--
thomas