Search Linux Wireless

Kernel binary for RTL8192EE - Release Version 1.0

This mail is blind copied to everyone that has contacted me regarding a driver for the RTL8192EE, and to the Realtek developers.

Although the patches needed to add this driver to the 3.14.X kernel were made available earlier, not everyone has the expertise needed to build a kernel for their system. As the Lenovo T440s is the only computer that currently is shipping with this device, and Lenovo uses Ubuntu 14.04, I have built such a patched kernel and I am making is available. This one uses the official 3.13.3 source currently in use by Ubuntu and includes all of their patches.

An updated version is available at http://www.lwfinger.com/realtek_drivers/linux-image-3.13.9_1.0_amd64.deb. After downloading, this kernel is installed using the command 'sudo dpkg -i <path_to_downloaded_deb_file>

The main difference between version 0.9 and 1.0 is in the handling of the cases when the driver reports messages of the form "skb->end - skb->tail = 16000, len is 16174". The new version reports only the first 10 of these, and also dumps some important data. If you see any of these, send that portion of the logs to me.

Larry