Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Ilw] Re: Intel 7260 not working in 802.11n mode

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 07:00:49AM +0000, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 08:00:19AM +0300, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:

> > 7, refusing due to firmware bug!
> > >
> > > Ok - this is an interesting settings.
> > > I'll check with our firmware team what can be done here, but beacon
> > > interval=7 is really insane. I can't find what the spec defines as
> > > legal values right now.
> >
> > I wouldn't rule out the person who configured the AP having made a
> > mistake; the MAC address is a custom one so they may have tweaked other
> > settings too. However my phone (running Android) can connect to the
> > 2.4GHz AP just fine and I think the other users of the AP are running
> > Macs without problems.

> > > This is surprising - can you share your logs?
> >
> > The log below is without the 11n_disable flag set - if it helps I can
> > provide the log of when it works too.

> > > I can't access: Access forbidden.
> > >
> > Sorry, fixed.
> >
> Your log seems healthy - you associate at Apr  6 17:17:20 and
> disassociate at Apr  6 17:18:05 - was that intentional?

All I did was load the module with the debug parameter set, let Network
Manager do its thing and wait for the connection to fail, then unload
the module. NM is reporting that the DHCP times out - log at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/iwlfail-nm.log

I'd be blaming Network Manager or some other piece of configuration if
it wasn't for the fact that disabling 11n makes things work.

> Also - your AP seems to behave badly with uAPSD - can you try to set
> power_scheme=1 as a module parameter to iwlmvm module?

Sure, I'll try that this evening.

J.

--
/-\                             |   "How the f**k did you work that
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |         out?" -- Pythagoras