Search Linux Wireless

Re: pull request: wireless-next 2014-02-20

On 02/20/2014 04:29 PM, David Miller wrote:
From: "John W. Linville" <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:30:05 -0500

Please pull this batch of wireless updates intended for the 3.15
stream!

For the mac80211 bits, Johannes says:

"We have some cleanups and minor fixes as well as userspace API
improvements from a lot of people, extended VHT support for radiotap
from Emmanuel, CSA improvements from Andrei, Luca and Michal. I've also
included my work on hwsim to make dynamic registration of radios
possible."

Along with that, we get the usual round of updates to ath9k,
brcmfmac, mwifiex, wcn36xx, and the ti drivers -- nothing particularly
noteworthy, mostly just random updates and refactoring.

Also included is a pull of the wireless tree, intended to resolve
some potential merge issues.

Please let me know if there are problems!

Pulled, but please address this:

drivers/staging/rtl8821ae/rtl8821ae/trx.c: In function ʽrtl8821ae_rx_query_descʼ:
drivers/staging/rtl8821ae/rtl8821ae/trx.c:619:3: warning: passing argument 1 of ʽieee80211_is_robust_mgmt_frameʼ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]

I was going to do the easy transformation to the "_" prefixed variant
but noticed that this code doesn't validate the skb length, which is
precisely the reason why this routine now takes an skb.

David,

That staging driver is expected to be deleted in a commit to be submitted in about one week. The new one will be in the regular wireless tree. The staging version was submitted so that there would be a driver in 3.14.

I was surprised to see this patch in John's list. It should have gone through GregKH. In fact, has has been suppressing all cleanups because the better one will be available soon.

I suggest that you drop this one now. I will, however, check the new source to make sure that the skb length is checked.

Thanks,

Larry