Search Linux Wireless

Re: Get multiple ip addresses by dhcp for wireless card

On 02/09/2014 07:56 PM, Zhao Hongjiang wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible for one station to get multiple ip addresses from AP/Wireless
router by dhcp? I had tried to add one or more virtual interface for
phy0 (wlan0, wlan1, wlan2,etc), but only wlan0 can get ip address from AP.
the following is the steps:

/bin/wpa_supplicant -ddd -iwlan0 -Dnl80211 -c/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
/bin/wpa_cli -i wlan0 -p /wlan0
add_network
set_network 0 ssid "APabc"
set_network 0 psk "1111111"
enable_network 0

iw wlan0 interface add wlan1 type station 4addr on
ip link set wlan1 up
dhcpcd -ABKL wlan0 #works, can get ip
dhcpcd -ABKL wlan1 #cannot work

Virtual stations work just fine for me, though I don't use that '4addr' thing.
...maybe sniff your wlan1 and see if it is sending
out proper DHCP requests (and they are being received by the AP)?

You have to create a new supplicant config for each virtual station,
or run a unique supplicant instance for each station.

To do any useful traffic, between stations, you will have to be careful
about setting up routing rules and use special binding commands for your
traffic types.

Thanks,
Ben

--