Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211: sta info locking

> >  Thanks. Yes, I do realize that this is a bit intrusive. On the other
> >  hand, I can't see the code holding the spinlock for longer code/periods
> >  of time (nor should it). Or do you think the driver is allowed to call
> >  into the AMPDU TX setup path while being called from the AMPDU RX setup
> >  path? That would be a bit weird.
> >

> TX and RX BA sessions are triggered from different threads of
> execution namely rate scaling and RX path. The protected sections are
> quite long IMHO including call outs to underlying driver. It is very
> likely that both sides decides for BA session at the same times.

Yes, but I still can't see how the driver would be calling both RX and
TX aggregation functions /within each other/. That's the only thing that
really matters since all the frame TX/RX is synchronized and thus the
spinlock can't really be contended. Anyway, I need to look deeper into
the code or just try or something.

> >  > Do you have any setup to check your these changes?
> >
> >  Unfortunately not quite yet. I have an 11n AP now though, but broke of
> >  one of the antennas, I'll need to see how well it works.
>
> That's bad 11n is too sensitive on antennas setup.

Yeah, I know. I don't know why my router has three antennas though
knowing that the Broadcom HW only has two chains.

> >  > Currently there is known possible deadlock when unloading driver while
> >  > heavy HT traffic. This is happening while trearing down BA session. I
> >  > need to solve this as well.
> >
> >  Interesting, where does it deadlock?
>
> IIRC there is nice loop including queue lock need to dig the
> description tomorrow to satisfy your curiosity.

Not too important so don't bother.

johannes