Search Linux Wireless

Re: wpa_supplicant and driver reload

On 12/15/2013 06:46 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:

On 11 Dec 2013, at 1:02 am, Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A basic questionIn my testing I normally stop wpa_supplicant when reloading my driver and start it again, but I was wondering whether this is needed. Can wpa_supplicant deal with interface index change for the network interface?

Yes, it can.

(Did you not try it before asking? Or did it fail in some way?)

It failed. On my Ubuntu machine it works fine, but it seems NetworkManager does give explicit RemoveInterface and CreateInterface dbus primitives. When running wpa_supplicant without NetworkManager it fails and it seems to be using the previous if_index. I will give another stare the wpa_s log and send it out when I can not make sense of it.

Regards,
Arend