Search Linux Wireless

Re: Doc for Qualcomm AR3001 HCI

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 15:03 -0500, Frank Zhao wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am doing some hacking on a PlayStation 4's DualShock 4 controller,
> inside is a Qualcomm Atheros AR3002 connected to a microcontroller
> using UART HCI. I have a logic analyzer connected to the UART signals
> and I have captured a lot of data. But a lot of the HCI commands have
> OGF of 0xFC which means that the commands are "vendor defined", and
> thus they are not in the HCI functional specifications documentation.
>
> I can't find any helpful technical documentation at all from
> Qualcomm's website and they probably won't help some hobbyist anyways.
> I've searched Google and found your website. You guys have written a
> driver for this chip already, so you must have some documentation on
> Qualcomm's own HCI commands. Can you please share this documentation
> with me?

You're probably looking at a Bluetooth chip.  You have a better chance
of getting answers if you try linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

But proprietary commands are usually, well, proprietary and closed, not
public.  So I guess you may have some difficulties there.  You most
likely need to reverse-engineer it yourself. ;)

--
Luca.