Search Linux Wireless

Support for Atheros chipset with SDIO ID 0271:0418 ?

Hi, folks - I hope this is the appropriate place, it's as close as I
could manage to Google myself :) I recently bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro -
a Bay Trail / Valley View-based Intel tablet - to try and get Fedora
running on it. Among the many things I'm currently fighting :), the
wireless doesn't work - no driver is loaded, no interface appears at
all. Using the Device Manager in Windows 8 I've managed to identify it
as being attached via SDIO and having the device ID 0271:0418 . It calls
itself a "Dell Wireless 1538", but by the ID and various other details
about the Windows driver it's clearly a Qualcomm/Atheros part.

So the ath6kl-sdio driver in the kernel advertises support for:

alias:          sdio:c*v0271d0401*
alias:          sdio:c*v0271d0400*
alias:          sdio:c*v0271d0301*
alias:          sdio:c*v0271d0300*

Looks pretty close, but no cigar. I'm having trouble finding any more
information on the chipset than what I've outlined above. It seems most
likely that it's a variant of the AR6004 for Dell, but that's just my
best guess.

Is there any hope of getting support for this device in ath6kl or any
other driver? Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey