Search Linux Wireless

[hostapd] configuring for a simple AP

Hi,

I am trying to make a linux PC up and running with hostapd to create a
simple Access Point.

I do not want authentication, encryption and DHCP -- have configured
station with static IP address.

if I start hostapd (not as a daemon) with the default hostapd.conf
file, and try connecting the client (fedora client), i see that the
wifi sybol does not appear, but the connection seems to have been
established.
However, if i open hostapd_cli, i keep getting a print like,
<client mac> CONNECTED
<client mac> DISCONNECTED.

Hence, i think the client keeps getting connected and disconnected.

I then tried using a smaller config file with nothing regarding beacon
interval etc...as shown below:

---
interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
ssid=test
hw_mode=g
channel=1
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
---

The results were similar.

Could anyone, guide me or provide me a simple hostapd.conf file, that
will help me connect clients. I do not want authentication,
encryption, and DHCP -- will use static IP.

Thanks in advance.

-shankar