Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Ilw] Intel Wireless 7260 hardware timed out randomly

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Emmanuel Grumbach <egrumbach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM, wzyboy <wzyboy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi, I've got some good news. Here is what I did today:
>>
>> boot up laptop -> do the sysfs trick -> start downloading a big file
>> to benchmark it -> several minutes later the bug occurs -> reboot my
>> laptop to recover -> do the setpci trick -> start downloading a big
>> file to benchmark it -> more than 5 GiB downloaded (at ~ 2.3 MiB/s)
>> and everything works fine!
>
> encouraging. Thanks.
> I just wonder... the patch I sent was supposed to tell the HW not to
> use L1. So I would have hoped it would have helped in the same way?
> After all, L1 is a handshake between the device and the bridge, so
> that if the device doesn't initiate / refuses to go into L1, I'd
> expect it to have the same effect as disabling L1 in the ASPM register
> PCIe config space?
> Obviously I am wrong though.

can you please try to see if you have BIOS updates? (It seems that all
the BIOS update tools run on windows... - but I can have a bootable CD
:))

You can also check this out:
http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=TOOL-ASU
This might help to remove support for L1 substates.
I guess it'd be nice to ask Lenovo too about how to find these options
in BIOS. From our experience, there are a lot of features and options
in BIOS that are accessible only after you enter a "secret" (I meant
obscure) sequence of keys.