Search Linux Wireless

RE: kernel 2.6.25-rc1 and no /dev/rt73usb

> You are completely missing the point of the concept "modules",
> the module rt73usb is intended to support devices with the rt73 chipset.
>
> The rt73usb driver registers the device and creates an network interface
> inside the kernel. This interface is visible to you as user. The name of this
> interface is wlan, depending on the number of wireless network cards in
> your system the interface number is attached to it so in your case wlan0.

Yep, I could be missing the concept of modules entirely.

The driver I was using before had the interface name of rt73.  When I see
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt73usb
I think the interface name is rt73usb.  Maybe change the line to read
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt73usb using name wlan0
so there is no confusing us newbies.

Thanks,