Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k AR9287 status?

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Bruno Randolf <br1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Or - can anyone recommend a good half size PCI-Express card that works well
> with ath9k?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/450M-Apple-AirPort-Extreme-Atheros-AR5BXB112-AR9380-N-card-NOT-AR5BXB92-AR5BXB72-/110965122470?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160
This is the current macbook pro card. Atheros talks about a half
length version without the high power amps but I don't know the part
number. And my laptop takes full sized cards :D

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Atheros+half+AR5B22&_sop=15
This is the ARM based chromebook card. It includes bluetooth.

I own both cards and they work fine in linux and windows7. Atheros
bluetooth w7 drivers are a bitch.
I run gentoo so my kernel is hand rolled, maybe something in your
distro kernel is breaking stuff?