Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ipw3945-devel] iwl3945 rfkill regression

Tomas Winkler wrote:
On Jan 26, 2008 9:00 PM, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 22, 2008 9:24 PM, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 22, 2008 9:21 PM, Winkler, Tomas <tomas.winkler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: drago01 [mailto:drago01@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:12 PM
To: Winkler, Tomas
Cc: ipw3945-devel; Cahill, Ben M; Zhu, Yi; linux-wireless
Subject: Re: [ipw3945-devel] iwl3945 rfkill regression

On Jan 22, 2008 9:07 PM, Winkler, Tomas <tomas.winkler@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I believe it's delaying uCode load to mac_start - still need to be
polished.
ok, thx for the quick reply.
If you have any potential fixes I would be happy to test them ;)
Can you get me the sequence it is happening? RF kill switch is off
before you power up the laptop or after, during association or in
unassociated state..etc
Thanks
I boot with rf kill off = device on
acciotate using NM
kill the card by pressing the rfkill (ie. setting it to on)
card is dead (like described in my first mail), until I relaod the module
the rfkill switch  does not have any effect at this time.

OK, I investigated a bit and it seems to be the "disable interrupt
when device goes down" is the problem.
In my case NetworkManager detected the rfkill and brought the device
down, which caused the interrupt to be disabled. Now after pressing
the rfkill again nothing happend. But if I bring the device back up
the interrupt is enabled again and rfkill and the card is back to
live.
So in short disabling the interrupt in mac_stop breaks the hw rfkill
while the interface is down.

Thanks for investigating this, still didn't have to time to dig into it.

ping?

-